Some progress

So on Saturday, my Advisor/coach came over and we worked mainly on the brakes. We pulled the right rear hub and discovered that the Emergency Brake bands are totally missing — will need to buy those. And the cam on the right rear brake is very loose — need to get a new bushing for that. We did start the motor and let it heat up a little bit. I recorded a video of that — see it in the link below.

Next we need to complete work on the brakes, and get the top wood put in. The pieces are mostly there, but some are rotted and so I will work on re-creating these.

https://rumble.com/ven94d-running-the-1929-model-a-motor.html

Published by lyleblevins

Like to play music and work on machines. Married to the lovely AM and we have six young'uns and one grand young'un

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: